August is still a long way down the road, and we do hope that life will be back to normal by then. The work with planning and coordinating the Summer Academy goes on and we are planning to hold the Summer Academy as a Nordic course.
Start of May, all applicants will receive an email saying whether they are qualified or not. If you are qualified, you will receive further information by email.
We are monitoring the coronavirus situation closely and any eventual changes we are forced to make will be notified immediately. Voksenåsen follows the guidelines given by the Norwegian Directorate of Health.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are having any questions.
The Voksenåsen Summer Academy cooperate together with the Quarantine Classics where some teachers for the 2020’s Summer Academy will be sharing digital thoughts and tips. Visit the website for more information and interviews/master classes here.
All participants, teachers and administration of the Voksenåsen Summer Academy 2020 must comply with the following guidelines.
Voksenåsen follows the guidelines for academies and hotels drawn out by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (FHI).
Guidelines and code of conduct
- If you are sick, feeling unwell, in quarantine, or suspect you are infected with the coronavirus disease Covid-19 or caring for someone that are infected, you cannot participate in the course. Please read your rights under “Cancellation”.
- Wash your hands often and before all meals. If soap and water are not available, use a disinfectant hand sanitizer provided at the hotel. We are all responsible for preventing the spread of infection.
- Do not touch surfaces unless necessary.
- Always maintain a social distance of 1 meter.
Measurements and opportunities at the hotel and during the course.
- Detailed instructions on listening in on master classes will be given upon arrival.
- Time for meals will be specific, should be respected and are given upon arrival.
- Social gatherings will be held outside.
- The swimming pool will be closed, but weather permitting it will be possible to visit a lake nearby.
- There will be opportunities for outside sporting activities. Bring comfortable clothes.
- All students will have their own hotel room to use for practice.
- An updated frame schedule for the course is to be found here.
- If you are prevented from travelling to Norway due to travel restrictions in Norway or your country of origin, we will refund the full course fee*.
- If you are sick, feeling unwell, suspect you are infected with the coronavirus disease Covid-19 or caring for someone that are infected, or in quarantine you cannot participate in the course. You will be refunded the full course fee*.
- Cancellation 1 month – 1 week** before course start: Half of the course fee will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 1 week** before course start: No refund.
*minus the service fee from our ticket provider TicketCo.
**not due to sickness.
We appreciate your cooperation and that you comply with and conduct yourselves in accordance with the special safety instructions and rules in this document.
Failure to do so will result in withdrawal of the participant from the Voksenåsen Summer Academy 2020 without any refund.
Also, at Voksenåsen we are kind to each other and follow the ethical conduct, found here.